ST IVES CARNIVAL: When and where to see all the action
- Credit: Archant
ST IVES Carnival and Music Festival takes place this weekend with floats, live music, dancers and even performing dogs.
This year sees the expanding festival move to Hill Rise Park which is the destination of the float procession which will begin at 11.45am on Saturday from Market Hill in the town centre. It will arrive at Hill Rise Park before 1pm.
At the park there will be three arenas, with a full line-up of entertainment from aerial act Above and Beyond, The Guitart School dancers, the CIFA Majorettes and Bootcooters.
Other attractions include music from St Ivo Steel Drum and Samba bands, David Sherrit, Tom Merson and Roses of Humanity as well as a fair, dog agility show, snacks and drinks, charity and trade stalls.
On Sunday, the music festival kicks off at 2pm with Matt Harvey and Jess Doherty, Jellyfish Band, Autumn MacDonald, Sledgehamer Band, Tom Copson and a host of other top acts.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: For more details visit www.facebook.com/stivescarnivalandmusicfestival
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding