St Ives by-election candidates announced
ALL major parties will stand in next month’s St Ives Town Council by-election.
Conservative candidate Ryan Fuller is looking to make his way back on the council after missing out in May’s election, and the Independents hope to replace Jennifer Coville with their candidate Peter Smith.
The election to replace Ms Coville, who stepped down over council protocol, takes place on July 19.
Lord Toby Jug, of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party, will also try his luck to become the first Loony on a town council in Cambridgeshire.
Margaret King (UK Independence Party), Richard Allen (Labour), and Richard Oliver (Liberal Democrat) make up the rest of the candidates.
You may also want to watch:
• The town council will have to pay less than expected for the by-election.
Previous estimates put the cost at �5,000 but a spokesman has said it will cost the town only �3,000
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse