St Ives business revamps school playground ‘Friendship Stop”
- Credit: Archant
A school playground has a new-look “Friendship Stop” thanks to the design talents of a pupil and a St Ives business.
Pupils at Wheatfields Primary in St Ives asked for a replacement stop – somewhere they go if they do not have someone to play with – after it had become worn.
Youngsters drew designs during National Anti-Bullying Week and school councillors chose a colourful entry by Year 6 pupil Polly Garner as the winner.
Her design was incorporated into a new, weather-resistant stop courtesy of John Moffett of Cameo Designs, who handed over the finished article during an assembly earlier this month.
Year 5 teacher Tai Aina said: “Our school buddies and councillors will see pupils at the stop and endeavour to help them to find someone to play with, or a game they can join in with.
You may also want to watch:
“The school councillors and pupils of Wheatfields Primary School would like to say a big thank you to Mr Moffett and his company for taking the time to help us with this initiative.”
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online