St Ives business revamps school playground ‘Friendship Stop”
- Credit: Archant
A school playground has a new-look “Friendship Stop” thanks to the design talents of a pupil and a St Ives business.
Pupils at Wheatfields Primary in St Ives asked for a replacement stop – somewhere they go if they do not have someone to play with – after it had become worn.
Youngsters drew designs during National Anti-Bullying Week and school councillors chose a colourful entry by Year 6 pupil Polly Garner as the winner.
Her design was incorporated into a new, weather-resistant stop courtesy of John Moffett of Cameo Designs, who handed over the finished article during an assembly earlier this month.
Year 5 teacher Tai Aina said: “Our school buddies and councillors will see pupils at the stop and endeavour to help them to find someone to play with, or a game they can join in with.
You may also want to watch:
“The school councillors and pupils of Wheatfields Primary School would like to say a big thank you to Mr Moffett and his company for taking the time to help us with this initiative.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?