Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- Credit: Matt Kelly
A brewery, a beer shop and a coffee supplier have joined forces to create a Christmas beer.
The Filling Station based in St Ives, the Ivo Brewery based in Somersham and the Black Robin Coffee based in St Ives have created the new recipe.
Matt Kelly, the owner of the Filling Station described how they came up with the new drink.
Matt said: “Myself and Ben who is the assistant manager went up and had a brew day at the Ivo Brewery.
“We brewed with them for the morning.
“So we had roasted brazil nuts and we added the coffee from Black Robin Coffee and we created this kind of Christmassy coffee porter at their brewery one morning a couple of months ago.”
The Christmas beer will go on sale on December 1 and there will be tasters to try.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 5 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 8 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 9 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 10 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
The Filling Station also want to encourage people to shop locally this Christmas instead of purchasing from supermarkets.
Matt said: “Where we are based all the independent shops support one another, so you have ejm wines and Erics, and we all push customers to each other.
“It is great, we have a good hub up here."
“If you want something really different, we have got some really exciting beers that you won’t see in supermarkets.
“They are also great for Christmas presents as well."