St Ives and Huntingdon roads will close an hour before Olympic torch relay
ROADS on the Olympic torch relay route will close an hour before torchbearers pass through St Ives and Huntingdon on Sunday morning (July 8).
A series of rolling road closures starts at Cromwell Place, St Ives, just before 7am. Market Hill, Market Road, The Pavement, The Broadway and The Waits will close soon after.
Ramsey Road and Houghton Road will close as well.
In Huntingdon, Main Street will be closed at around 7.30am and Desborough Road, Mayfield Road, Hartford Road, Riverside Road, High Street, George Street and Brampton Road will be closed as well.
The torch relay sponsors, Coca Cola, Lloyds TSB and Samsung, will send through buses playing music, and handing out goodies around an hour to 30 minutes before the torchbearers.
You may also want to watch:
A Cambridgeshire County Council spokesman said: “If you want to get some of the goodies, make sure you stand on the left hand side of the road.”
The sponsors’ buses will travel through Market Hill, St Ives, at 7am and down High Street, Huntingdon, at 8.30am.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
• Are you going on Sunday? Tweet us your photos @huntspost using #london2012torchrelay or upload them via our free iPhone and Android app iwitness24. Let us know what’s happening along the torch route by texting 07785616261.