St Ives 200-home development to be called The Links - but mystery surrounds the person who came up with the name
- Credit: Archant
THE new development in St Ives will be called The Links - and Barratt Homes is looking for the person who suggested it.
The housebuilder revealed its plans for 200 homes on the former golf course at an exhibition in The Burgess Hall in November and asked visitors to vote for the development’s name.
Voters were asked whether they preferred Spire Mews, Cromwell Meadows, Chapel Green, Riverside Gardens, Greenways or Westwood Fields for the title but a ballot with The Links written on it caught the developer’s eye.
Andrew Swindell, managing director at Barratt Northampton, said: “We really enjoyed going through the votes to try and find out which names were the most popular among residents.
“Although we originally asked local residents to pick from a selection of names, we were completely won over by The Links name that was recommended – we think it is the perfect choice for this new development.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: If you put forward ‘The Links’ e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion