More than 90 tickets issued during 48 hour speeding crackdown across Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
Speeding tickets were issued to 93 drivers and a further 25 motorists were spoken to by police in Huntingdonshire during a 48-hour operation.
The highest speed recorded was 51mph in a 30mph zone in Cromwell Road, Eynesbury.
Two tickets were also issued for driving while using a mobile phone and one driver has been reported for driving without due care and attention.
The St Neots neighbourhood policing team, the Road Policing Unit and Special Constabulary took part in the crackdown from 4pm Friday (September 4) to 4pm yesterday (September 6).
Officers dedicated their shifts to carrying out speed checks in St Neots, Eynesbury, Eaton Socon, Ellington, Grafham, Perry, Tilbrook, Great Gidding, Stonely, Colmworth, Catworth, Spaldwick, Stow Longa, Kimbolton, Great Paxton, Buckden, Toseland, the Offords, Abbotsley and Little Paxton.
You may also want to watch:
PC Josh Ives from the St Neots neighbourhood team said: “After listening to concerns from the community about speeding and using our own knowledge we established a list of hotpots which we focused on over the weekend.
“We caught taxi drivers, delivery drivers and motorcyclists but the vast majority we ticketed or spoke to were residents of the villages where the concerns were from.”
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
Here is a list of the areas that the speeding took place:
Cambridge Road, Huntingdon Road, New Street, Longsands Road, Priory Hill, Dramsell Hill, Great High Ground, Hogsden Leys, The Crescent, Hawksden Road
Potton Road, St Mary’s Street, Sandfields Road, Howitts Gardens, Berkley Street, Caernarvon Road, Andrew Road, Hardwick Road, Cromwell Road, Barford Road
Mill Hill Road, Monarch Road, Crosshall Road, Nelson Road, Bushmead Road, Queens Gardens, Shakespeare Road, Duloe Road
Thrapston Road and Grafham Road, Ellington
Buckden Road, Grafham
High Street, Tilbrook
Little Staughton Road, Colmworth
Station Road, Catworth
Stow Road, Spaldwick
Spaldwick Road, Stow Longa
B661 Perry, B660 Great Gidding, B645 Stonely, Hail Weston and Kimbolton
Paxton Hill, Great Paxton
Mill Road, Buckden
High Street, Toseland
St Neots Rd, Abbotsley
Little Paxton Lane, Gordon Road and Mill Lane, Little Paxton