Special delivery on Christmas Day for St Ives parents
A BABY girl born on Christmas Day was a special delivery worth waiting for by her proud parents.
St Ives couple Laura Hodge and Kevin Hufford had been expecting Lily Mae’s arrival on December 19.
She was born at 10.45pm at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, weighing a healthy 8lb 1oz.
She is a little sister to Keira, who celebrates her fifth birthday on New Year’s Day, and Lewis, who turned two on December 3.
Laura said: “Everything started at 3.30 on Christmas morning and we thought ‘Is this it?’ but it went quiet for a couple of hours. It started again at 5.30 in the afternoon and everything went mad!”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We had our family with us and a lot of people helping us out so we are very lucky. Keira and Lewis absolutely adore her.”
Eight babies had the honour of being born on New Year’s Day at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, however their parents declined publicity.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester