Spate of purses stolen in Huntingdonshire towns
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging shoppers to be vigilant after thieves stole seven purses from handbags in town centres across Huntingdonshire.
Dave Griffin, police community safety officer for Huntingdonshire, said that the incidents have taken place in shops, car parks, and in the street since August 6.
On two occasions the victim has been distracted by one offender asking for directions or showing them a map, while the other takes a purse from their handbag.
He said: “If you are approached by strangers while you are packing your shopping away in your car, please be aware of the above information. When withdrawing money at cash machines please check around you and ensure that you cover the machine when entering your PIN.
“If you see an offence occur or people acting suspiciously, please let a member of staff know and call police on 999 trying to remember as much as you can about the people concerned.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess