Spanish students settle into life at Huntingdon school
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s School in Huntingdon has been hosting a group of students from Spain for the last three weeks.
The school has welcomed students from around the world for a number of years, with a group of more than 30 Taiwanese students visiting last year, followed by a visit from Italians.
Currently, the school is working with the St Neots English Language Centre to host 25 students from Vigo, in Spain.
The students have been attending lessons with ‘buddies’ in Years 8, 9 and 10 and have integrated into school life.
A spokesman for the school said: “St Peter’s students relish the opportunity to work with students from other counties and to support them in developing their knowledge and skills, not only in English but in the full range of subjects on offer at the school.”
You may also want to watch:
Visiting students were presented with certificates for completing their three-week experience of education in England.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 8 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit