Somersham women’s Kenyan adventure for cancer charity
TWO friends from Somersham have taken the term ‘get on your bike’ to the extreme.
In just over three weeks time, Jo Procter, 39, and Vicki Chaplin, 38, will fly into Nairobi in Kenya to begin a 400km (250 mile) cycle ride for the charity Women v Cancer.
The five-day challenge will see them ride through rainforests, pass some of the world’s greatest lakes and cycle over the testing terrain of Kenya’s Rift Valley.
Jo, of The Trundle, told The Hunts Post: “The biggest challenge will be the 26km climb up to 2,000km that we have to make on the third day, but people have been so kind in sponsoring us, so it’ll be worth it.”
Both women have been taking spinning classes seven days a week since August last year to get in shape, and will join 90 other women on the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
In one final fundraising push, the friends are holding a Bon Voyage to Kenya party at the Victory Hall, Somersham. The theme will be pink, purple and blue and all profits will be added to the �7,000 already raised.
INFORMATION: Bon Voyage to Kenya is on Saturday, February 11 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
The night includes a disco and people can bring their own drink. Tickets �7.50 available by calling 07540 170472. To sponsor Jo and Vicki online visit www.justgiving.com/joprocter