Somersham’s ‘seaside carnival’ will be docking this June
- Credit: Archant
IF you do like to be beside the seaside, then head for Somersham next month.
The village’s annual nine-day carnival has a beach theme this year and the programme is packed with coastal-based capers.
It starts with community beach sports for all ages at Somersham Lake from noon on Saturday, June 15.
A nostalgic trip to the seaside is on offer courtesy of Somersham firm Dews Coaches on Wednesday, June 19. There will also be a quiz, craft stalls, a dog show, a car treasure hunt, a pool tournament, a cycle ride and five-a-side football throughout the week.
For the carnival procession itself, on Saturday, June 22, the parade sets off from The Trundle at 12.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: For more visit www.somershamcarnival.org.uk
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'