Somersham ladies set out on 250-mile Kenyan adventure
A GROUP of women in Somersham are set to embark on a 250-mile journey across Kenya to raise money for three cancer charities.
Kim Pedlar will leave Britain today (Saturday) with her sister-in-law Angie Wilson, 40, to the east African country ahead of starting the five-day adventure on Monday.
Kim, who works in vendor services at St Ives-based Move with Us, said: “I am really excited but extremely nervous at the same time. I can’t wait to leave.
“I am sure there will be loads of low points throughout the week but they will be outweighed by the number of highs I will experience.
“After the months of cycling, boxercise, and other training, if I am not fit enough now I will never be.”
You may also want to watch:
The 39-year-old will be part of the fourth group of 90 women cycling for charities as part of Action for Charity, with Somersham residents Jo Procter, 39, and Vicki Chaplin, 38, setting off a week later.
Kim and Angie have raised �6,000 so far for Breast Cancer Car, Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action. Overall, Action for Charity has rasied around �1.6million for different charities.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
Caroline Hart, Move With Us human resources director, said: “We would like to wish Kim the very best of luck on this fantastic personal challenge. We are proud to have such a determined and kind-hearted person among its staff.”
INFORMATION: If you want to sponsor Kim and Angie, visit wwwjustgiving.com/kim-pedlar