Somersham ladies set out on 250-mile Kenyan adventure
A GROUP of women in Somersham are set to embark on a 250-mile journey across Kenya to raise money for three cancer charities.
Kim Pedlar will leave Britain today (Saturday) with her sister-in-law Angie Wilson, 40, to the east African country ahead of starting the five-day adventure on Monday.
Kim, who works in vendor services at St Ives-based Move with Us, said: “I am really excited but extremely nervous at the same time. I can’t wait to leave.
“I am sure there will be loads of low points throughout the week but they will be outweighed by the number of highs I will experience.
“After the months of cycling, boxercise, and other training, if I am not fit enough now I will never be.”
The 39-year-old will be part of the fourth group of 90 women cycling for charities as part of Action for Charity, with Somersham residents Jo Procter, 39, and Vicki Chaplin, 38, setting off a week later.
Kim and Angie have raised �6,000 so far for Breast Cancer Car, Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action. Overall, Action for Charity has rasied around �1.6million for different charities.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
Caroline Hart, Move With Us human resources director, said: “We would like to wish Kim the very best of luck on this fantastic personal challenge. We are proud to have such a determined and kind-hearted person among its staff.”
INFORMATION: If you want to sponsor Kim and Angie, visit wwwjustgiving.com/kim-pedlar