Somersham fundraiser bids farewell to dreadlocks for charity
- Credit: Archant
Friends and family watched on as a brave fundraiser had his beloved dreadlocks cut for charity.
Brad King, from Somersham took on MacMillan’s Brave the Shave event after being spurred on to get the chop by his grandmother Audrey.
He said: “My family were happy that I got the dreadlocks cut off but it is already growing back quickly but I am not sure if I am going to grow back the dreadlocks.”
The 30-year-old had been growing dreadlocks for the past five years to the dismay of his family.
Brad was going to be taking on the challenge with his grandmother but before the event people had sponsored her not to cut her hair.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a few people give us money so that Nan wouldn’t get her hair. We still have a few people giving us sponsorship money,” added Brad.
In total Brad has managed to raise around £800 for the charity.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer