Soggy Moggy Rally raises thousands for Wood Green
- Credit: Archant
A group of bikers have raised almost £14,000 for Godmanchester charity Wood Green Animal Shelter through their Soggy Moggy Rally.
Tiger MCC, which boasts members from across Cambridgeshire, held its 20th annual rally at Wood Green’s headquarters, in London Road.
The event attracts hundreds of bikers, their families and friends for a weekend of entertainment including live music and biking.
This year, the group raised £13,743, taking their total fundraising for the charity to an £147,333, since their first rally in 1995.
Organiser Alayne Rolt said: “We wanted to organise an event that allows all of us to get together and raise money for a great cause. We’re a really friendly club and have worked hard to create a rally with a unique atmosphere.
“The Godmanchester site works brilliantly and the team behind the scenes at Wood Green deserve gold stars, we can’t wait to celebrate our 21st there next year.”
Tickets for next year’s Soggy Moggy Rally go on sale in February 2016.
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
To find out more visit www.tigermcc.org.uk