Soggy Moggy Rally raises thousands for Wood Green
- Credit: Archant
A group of bikers have raised almost £14,000 for Godmanchester charity Wood Green Animal Shelter through their Soggy Moggy Rally.
Tiger MCC, which boasts members from across Cambridgeshire, held its 20th annual rally at Wood Green’s headquarters, in London Road.
The event attracts hundreds of bikers, their families and friends for a weekend of entertainment including live music and biking.
This year, the group raised £13,743, taking their total fundraising for the charity to an £147,333, since their first rally in 1995.
Organiser Alayne Rolt said: “We wanted to organise an event that allows all of us to get together and raise money for a great cause. We’re a really friendly club and have worked hard to create a rally with a unique atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“The Godmanchester site works brilliantly and the team behind the scenes at Wood Green deserve gold stars, we can’t wait to celebrate our 21st there next year.”
Tickets for next year’s Soggy Moggy Rally go on sale in February 2016.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
To find out more visit www.tigermcc.org.uk