Huntingdon-based Age UK day centre reopens after lockdown
- Credit: Archant
An Age UK day centre, in Huntingdon, has reopened after lockdown restrictions and is operating with social distancing rules in place.
Staff at the centre, in Ambury Road, continued to offer support during the lockdown period and carried out welfare checks and d delivered masks and newsletters, as well as visiting and delivering supplies to older people in the community.
Age UK day centres support people so they can continue to live at home longer, by combating loneliness and social isolation.
On March 23, the day centres were suspended, following Government advice and have now finally re-opened.
Staff have adapted the group’s activities and crafts to ensure social distancing rules are adhered to, without compromising the members’ enjoyment.
You may also want to watch:
They offer chair-based exercises, quizzes, bingo, art and crafts and a hot meal is offered at lunchtime and refreshments are served throughout the day.
INFO: If you wish to refer an older person to this service, call the Age UK Helpline on: 0300 666 9860.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry