Slimming World reps hit the high note by meeting pop star Jason Donovan
- Credit: Archant
A group of Slimming World consultants met up with soap actor and popstar Jason Donovan at the weight loss group’s annual awards ceremony.
The team, who run Slimming World groups across Huntingdonshire, was given the chance to cuddle up to the Australian actor when he swapped Ramsay Street for the annual Slimming World awards.
He co-hosted the event with the organisation’s chair and founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell.
Meeting Jason were consultants Mandy Reeve, Denise Lingham, Claire Winn, and Ursula Van Leeuwen-Hill, who run groups in St Neots, Godmanchester, Huntingdon and Hartford.
Mandy Reeve said meeting Jason was a wonderful way to round off a fabulous year for Slimming World. She said: “I couldn’t be prouder of our members. They’ve lost fantastic amounts of weight throughout 2015, with many of them making their weight loss dreams come true by hitting their target weight, improving their health and more.”
You may also want to watch:
Jason, who found fame on Australian soap opera Neighbours before launching a pop music and stage career, said he was thrilled to meet the Slimming World consultants at the event, which was held at Birmingham’s International Convention Centre.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan