Slideshow: Cambourne holds first youth Street Fest
SUMO wrestling, archery and a Wii competition were just a few of the attractions on offer at Cambourne s first youth Street Fest. Organised by the Cambourne Youth Partnership, the fun-filled event took place on Saturday (June 14) from 11am to 11pm. Activ
SUMO wrestling, archery and a Wii competition were just a few of the attractions on offer at Cambourne's first youth Street Fest.
Organised by the Cambourne Youth Partnership, the fun-filled event took place on Saturday (June 14) from 11am to 11pm.
Activities took place at various venues across the village including Cambourne Soul youth building, The Ark, The Hub, The Muga and the sports field.
People young and old battled it out on the climbing wall, gladiator duel, penalty shoot-out and cricket competition. In the evening there was a disco with DJ Jez.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr David Bard, portfolio holder for new communities at South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "This event gave the young people in Cambourne an opportunity to try out new activities and meet other young people in the area. Involving young people in the community is really important to help them feel part of where they live and to enhance their quality of life.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced