Skaters show off their skills at Stukeley Meadows competition
- Credit: Archant
Skaters, rollers and riders showed off their skills at a skate park.
They were taking part in the annual Stukeley Meadows Skate Park contest on Saturday (October 5), which is organised by Huntingdon Skaters with the help of Huntingdonshire Dristrict Council.
The event, which has been running since 2009, brought together all ages and abilities with competitions for in-liners, skateboarders and BMX and scooter riders.
There was also a barbecue, music, drinks and a display of classic bikes and cars alongside the gravity-defying stunts performed on the day.
Danny De’ath, owner of event sponsors In Bed Furniture, said: “We had lots of new faces – every year the quality gets better and it’s great to see the older kids helping the younger kids.
“It shows what the skate park is all about and some of these kids trained seven days a week to prepare for this competition.
“The idea now is to develop a committee of local riders that can now take over, allowing them to take charge and put something back in to the community.”
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Caption: BMX rider Ben Shook from St Ives shows off his skills at Stukeley Meadows Skate Park Competition.