Skaters show off their skills at Stukeley Meadows competition
- Credit: Archant
Skaters, rollers and riders showed off their skills at a skate park.
They were taking part in the annual Stukeley Meadows Skate Park contest on Saturday (October 5), which is organised by Huntingdon Skaters with the help of Huntingdonshire Dristrict Council.
The event, which has been running since 2009, brought together all ages and abilities with competitions for in-liners, skateboarders and BMX and scooter riders.
There was also a barbecue, music, drinks and a display of classic bikes and cars alongside the gravity-defying stunts performed on the day.
Danny De’ath, owner of event sponsors In Bed Furniture, said: “We had lots of new faces – every year the quality gets better and it’s great to see the older kids helping the younger kids.
You may also want to watch:
“It shows what the skate park is all about and some of these kids trained seven days a week to prepare for this competition.
“The idea now is to develop a committee of local riders that can now take over, allowing them to take charge and put something back in to the community.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
Caption: BMX rider Ben Shook from St Ives shows off his skills at Stukeley Meadows Skate Park Competition.