Skaters show off their skills at Stukeley Meadows competition
- Credit: Archant
Skaters, rollers and riders showed off their skills at a skate park.
They were taking part in the annual Stukeley Meadows Skate Park contest on Saturday (October 5), which is organised by Huntingdon Skaters with the help of Huntingdonshire Dristrict Council.
The event, which has been running since 2009, brought together all ages and abilities with competitions for in-liners, skateboarders and BMX and scooter riders.
There was also a barbecue, music, drinks and a display of classic bikes and cars alongside the gravity-defying stunts performed on the day.
Danny De’ath, owner of event sponsors In Bed Furniture, said: “We had lots of new faces – every year the quality gets better and it’s great to see the older kids helping the younger kids.
“It shows what the skate park is all about and some of these kids trained seven days a week to prepare for this competition.
“The idea now is to develop a committee of local riders that can now take over, allowing them to take charge and put something back in to the community.”
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 7 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 8 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Huntingdonshire History Festival returns this summer
Caption: BMX rider Ben Shook from St Ives shows off his skills at Stukeley Meadows Skate Park Competition.