Skate shop to give away top prizes in charity raffle
- Credit: Archant
A niche business is giving people the chance to win a host of skating prizes to raise funds for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Skaters, in Free Church Passage, is selling raffle tickets in store and online to help youngsters and their families who are affected by cancer.
Owner Rob Dumont said: “A friend of mine lost a child to cancer a couple of years ago and I lost a friend to it as well so I wanted to do something to help the charity.”
The prizes, including a custom built scooter worth more than £300, along with a pair of rollerblades and a longboard, have all be donated by Rob’s suppliers.
“It feels really good that we are doing something positive and if it goes well we hope to do more in the future,” added Rob.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are on sale for £1 each and the raffle will be drawn on November 26.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 7 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted