Six-year-old from St Ives swims 1250 metres for Sport Relief
- Credit: Archant
A six-year-old girl from St Ives swum 1250 metres in less than 90 minutes in aid of Sport Relief on March 19.
Florence Gosling completed 50 lengths at One Leisure in St Ives for the charity event, accompanied by her family who bumped the total distance up to 5000m.
Her mother, Miriam Gosling, said: “It’s just incredible and I’m so incredibly proud of her.”
Florence has been swimming since she was just three-months-old and used her talent last year to raise some £900 for Marie Curie when she did 22 lengths.
For this year’s challenge she has had to train up to four times a week, and completed the swim in blocks of 14 lengths then three sets of 12.
Mrs Gosling added: “After the swim she said, ‘I can do more, mummy’ and to be honest she looked like she could have, but once she got changed and the adrenaline had gone she was absolutely shattered.”
Florence has raised some £300 so far, and to donate visit my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/flosbig50
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 3 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 6 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 7 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 8 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 9 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 10 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment