Signed premier league items up for grabs in auction at Fire Engine pull family day in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The 13th annual St Neots Fire Engine Pull will take place on Sunday and this year’s event has been boosted by a donation from Chelsea Football Club.
The pull takes place over a four-mile route, with teams of 10 people taking it in turns to pull the fire engine. It will start at Wyboston Lakes at 2pm, make its way through Eaton Socon and the town centre and finish at the Cambridgeshire Hunter pub.
There will be a family fun day at the pub, starting at 1pm, with an auction and raffle in aid of the Burns Camp charity.
This year’s auction has been boosted by the donation of a signed ball in a presentation box from Chelsea Football Club which has been signed by the current squad along with a certificate of authenticity from the club chairman Bruce Buck,” said Steve Wills who helps to organise the event.
He added: “In addition to the ball there is a signed ball from Manchester United, signed and framed Arsenal shirt, signed and frame shirt from former world darts champion Adrian Lewis plus many more items.”
You may also want to watch:
All the proceeds raised on the day are donated to the charity Burn Camps for young burns survivors. A local charity based in St Neots that works with children from all over the UK. Bringing them together at summer camps, jamborees and day activities, to share their experiences and concerns with others in a similar position. The camps are designed with challenging but achievable activities to help raise their confidence and self esteem. Many of whom will and have gone through years of surgery, pain and life long image and disabilty changes in their lives.
The charity works on a voluntary basis and no-one receives a wage for the work they do. Every penny goes towards organising and running the camps and activities for the children attending. Also none of the children or their families are asked to pay penny towards any of the events that the charity runs.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity