Shoplifter jailed for stealing more than £7,500 of cosmetics from Boots in Huntingdon and St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A PROLIFIC shoplifter who stole more than £7,500 worth of cosmetics from beauty shops in Huntingdon and St Neots has been jailed.
Nicholas Sweeney, of Bakers Hill, Hackney, London, targeted shops, primarily Boots, in the two towns,
At Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on Friday, June 28, the 33-year-old admitted nine charges of theft. He was jailed for four months.
PC Dawn Fuller said: “We worked closely with local retail outlets and were able to trace Sweeney and ensure he was brought to justice.
“This type of crime is not victimless because shops have to increase security and that results in prices going up.
You may also want to watch:
“We will not tolerate shoplifting and offenders face being put before the courts.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight