Shop Local This Christmas: Niche Comics and Bookshop
- Credit: Angela Makey
A comic and bookshop in Huntingdon is urging people to shop locally this winter.
Angela Makey, a joint owner of the shop on Huntingdon High Street says it is vital that shops in the area collaborate and work together.
She said: “Shopping locally is extremely important for small independent businesses like ourselves.
“We are celebrating our tenth year on the High Street and we have seen quite a big change in that time.
“One of the positives is collaborating with other businesses, so we are one end of the High Street and then the Oxfam Music and Bookshop is down the other end.
“We have always worked together so whenever we have a campaign or music event we talk to each other.
“We continue buying books there and providing them with vinyl for customers when we get donations.
- 1 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 2 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 3 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 8 Plans to improve safety and cut congestion in new A141 and St Ives scheme
- 9 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 10 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
“The other big positive for us is the Commemoration Hall which has been refurbished as we have been working with them also.