Shop Local This Christmas: Niche Comics and Bookshop
- Credit: Angela Makey
A comic and bookshop in Huntingdon is urging people to shop locally this winter.
Angela Makey, a joint owner of the shop on Huntingdon High Street says it is vital that shops in the area collaborate and work together.
She said: “Shopping locally is extremely important for small independent businesses like ourselves.
“We are celebrating our tenth year on the High Street and we have seen quite a big change in that time.
“One of the positives is collaborating with other businesses, so we are one end of the High Street and then the Oxfam Music and Bookshop is down the other end.
“We have always worked together so whenever we have a campaign or music event we talk to each other.
“We continue buying books there and providing them with vinyl for customers when we get donations.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 3 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 9 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 10 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
“The other big positive for us is the Commemoration Hall which has been refurbished as we have been working with them also.