Shellie cycles 900 miles for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A business woman from Bluntisham who embarked on a gruelling 900-mile cycle ride has raised £2,710.24 for the Breast Cancer Care charity.
Shellie Harris, a director at CeJ Cleaning Ltd, decided to take on the challenge as a tribute to her “amazing mum” who underwent treatment for the disease in 2015. She started out at the Breast Cancer Care head office in Glasgow and finished at the Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
“It went well and I managed the 900 miles without a single puncture, said Shellie.
“My support crew were my mum Angie, my daughter Charli and husband Colin, and they did an amazing job keeping me motivated through the physical and emotional challenge of cycling so long on my own.”
Angie also cycled the last 20 miles on some of the days.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: If you would like to make a donation, go to Shellie’s Just Giving page called BUMS4BOOBS.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester