The blaze started in a shed and was spreading to nearby homes when the fire service arrived.

A shed on fire in Warboys                                                                                       PICTURE: Ann LouiseA shed on fire in Warboys PICTURE: Ann Louise

Two people were taken to hospital last on Tuesday night after a fire in Warboys.

Fire crews from Huntingdon and Chatteris were called at 7.20pm on May 13 to Station Road, in Warboys.

Fire-fighters arrived to find a blaze, which had started in a shed, and was spreading to nearby homes.

Wearing breathing apparatus, crews extinguished the fire using hose reels and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

Firefighters in Warboys                                                                                    PICTURE: Ann LouiseFirefighters in Warboys PICTURE: Ann Louise

Two casualties required treatment for smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital by ambulance.

The cause of the fire was accidental.