North West Cambs MP writes Christmas message for The Hunts Post
- Credit: SHAILESH VARA
The past year has been another extraordinarily difficult one as the shadow of the Covid-19 pandemic continues over us.
My thoughts and prayers are with all those who have lost loved ones to this deadly virus over the past year. My thoughts are also with all those whose livelihoods and normal way of life has been disrupted in a way unimaginable just a couple of years ago.
A big thank you is due to all those working in the NHS and the health sector generally, as well as all the other key workers working day and night in a number of critical sectors.
Despite all the difficulties, I have been touched by the enormous generosity and kindness of so many volunteers who have come forward to help those who are vulnerable or in need of some help and assistance.
That spirit of generosity defines us as a community, and as a country, and it has been heartening to see.
Christmas is a special time for family and friends. As we celebrate Christmas, whatever you do and whoever it is with, I hope it will be a safe and peaceful Christmas for you and your loved ones.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 6 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 7 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14