Seventh Huge Day Out in St Ives in honour of Pope brother’s mother
THREE brothers from St Ives – Stephen, David and Philip Pope – will this Sunday (August 26) be hosting their seventh annual fundraising event in memory of their mum.
The Pope brothers’s Huge Day Out – in memory of their mum, Mary – started as a small gathering in the back garden at the family home.
But it has now evolved into an all-day event, taking place at St Ivo Playing Field with at least 2,000 people expected to attend.
The day will feature some of Huntingdonshire’s best bands, a raffle, balloon race, football tournament, auction, bar, funfair and firework display.
It runs from noon until 9pm and will also include Star Radio as hosts, raising money for two charities: Sue Ryder Care – Thorpe Hall Hospice and Magpas Helimedix.
You may also want to watch:
The brothers began their fundraising in 2006 following the death of Mary, aged 48, from cancer. Their father, Barry, had died aged 41 in 1995.
• Pictured: Brothers Stephen, David and Philip Pope with their mum, Mary.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed