Seven-year-old conquers 10-mile challenge for charity
WHEN seven-year-old Charlotte Coslett decided she wanted to go that extra mile for charity, she meant business.
The Brampton youngster embarked upon a 10-mile sponsored walk earlier this month to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
After a gruelling seven hours trekking around The Green in Brampton with dad John, Charlotte managed to raise more than �600.
“Charlotte would like to take this opportunity to thank all 70 of the people who sponsored her so generously,” John, 49, said.
“The Teenage Cancer Trust is the only UK charity that raises money to develop specialist treatment units within NHS hospitals, dedicated to improving the quality of life and chances of survival of these young people.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very proud of her.”
For information on the Teenage Cancer Trust visit www.teenagecancertrust.org
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess