LOOK BACK IN TIME: Victory tea in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Alan Butler, from Hartford, sent us this photograph of a victory tea in June, 1945.
The picture, given to Alan by someone called Mrs Warren, was taken in Avenue Road, Huntingdon, in May, 1945.
Friends and neighbours gathered at the location to celebrate the news that the war in Europe had finally come to an end.
Alan is pictured fourth on the right and wearing a white hat. He says his mum, described on the back of the photo as M.E Butler and his father, W.G Butler, who was a local policeman, are also in the photograph.
He says: “I assume the white hats are paper hats. I have little memory of the event, although I assume I would have been looking forward to the spread.”
You may also want to watch:
If you have an old photograph you would like to share with Hunts Post readers, send it to: email@example.com.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding