Second woman dies following minibus crash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A second woman has died following a collision near Bluntisham on Thursday (14 November).
Barbara McGruer, 86, of Trent Road, Bedford, was a passenger in a white Mercedes minibus which was involved in a collision with a black Volkswagen Golf on the B1040 Somersham Road at about 4.50pm.
She died in hospital on Saturday afternoon as a result of injuries sustained in the collision.
A woman who died at the scene has been named as Margaret Henwood, 85, of Foxlease, Bedford. She was also a passenger in the minibus.
A total of 18 passengers from the minibus, all aged between 60 and 80, were taken to hospital.
Another person from the minibus is in a critical condition and a further ten people remain in hospital with serious injuries, including the driver of the Volkswagen - a man in his 70s.
A petition has been started to improve the safety of the road.It has more than 6,000 signatures.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 6 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 7 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 8 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or has any information, is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101 quoting incident number 365 of 14 November or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
To sign the petition visit: www.change.org/p/cambs-county-council-highways-major-improvements-needed-to-b1040-wheatsheaf-crossroads-main-road-somersham-to-st-ives