Second woman dies following minibus crash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A second woman has died following a collision near Bluntisham on Thursday (14 November).
Barbara McGruer, 86, of Trent Road, Bedford, was a passenger in a white Mercedes minibus which was involved in a collision with a black Volkswagen Golf on the B1040 Somersham Road at about 4.50pm.
She died in hospital on Saturday afternoon as a result of injuries sustained in the collision.
A woman who died at the scene has been named as Margaret Henwood, 85, of Foxlease, Bedford. She was also a passenger in the minibus.
A total of 18 passengers from the minibus, all aged between 60 and 80, were taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Another person from the minibus is in a critical condition and a further ten people remain in hospital with serious injuries, including the driver of the Volkswagen - a man in his 70s.
A petition has been started to improve the safety of the road.It has more than 6,000 signatures.
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 3 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 4 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 5 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 6 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or has any information, is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101 quoting incident number 365 of 14 November or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
To sign the petition visit: www.change.org/p/cambs-county-council-highways-major-improvements-needed-to-b1040-wheatsheaf-crossroads-main-road-somersham-to-st-ives