Second woman dies following minibus crash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A second woman has died following a collision near Bluntisham on Thursday (14 November).
Barbara McGruer, 86, of Trent Road, Bedford, was a passenger in a white Mercedes minibus which was involved in a collision with a black Volkswagen Golf on the B1040 Somersham Road at about 4.50pm.
She died in hospital on Saturday afternoon as a result of injuries sustained in the collision.
A woman who died at the scene has been named as Margaret Henwood, 85, of Foxlease, Bedford. She was also a passenger in the minibus.
A total of 18 passengers from the minibus, all aged between 60 and 80, were taken to hospital.
Another person from the minibus is in a critical condition and a further ten people remain in hospital with serious injuries, including the driver of the Volkswagen - a man in his 70s.
A petition has been started to improve the safety of the road.It has more than 6,000 signatures.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 4 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or has any information, is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101 quoting incident number 365 of 14 November or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
To sign the petition visit: www.change.org/p/cambs-county-council-highways-major-improvements-needed-to-b1040-wheatsheaf-crossroads-main-road-somersham-to-st-ives