Needingworth sex offender caught with explicit cartoon content
- Credit: Archant
A sex offender from Needingworth has been convicted of possessing explicit cartoon images of a sexual nature.
Police visited Sean William’s home in Townsend Road, Needingworth, unannounced on November 20 2017 as part of checks to ensure he was complying with a sexual harm prevention order imposed a year previous.
They found he had a mobile phone and discovered it had been used to access Hentai images, many of which included animations of young children.
It also contained 19 prohibited images that were also animated.
Williams, 34, admitted possession of a prohibited image of a child and was sentenced to six months in prison, suspended two years, at Cambridge Crown Court on Friday (March 29). He was also ordered to complete 50 days of rehabilitation activity.
You may also want to watch:
Jacqueline Bremner, the officer in charge of the case said that; “Williams knew he shouldn’t have been accessing such content and was surprised when we attended an unscheduled visit to his residence.”
Anyone who is concerned someone may have been convicted of a sex offence, and could be posing a risk to someone, can apply for disclosure information through Clare’s Law and Sarah’s Law.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
More information on sexual offences and the Sex Offenders Register can be found on the force website here. (https://www.cambs.police.uk/information-and-services/Serious-sexual-offences-and-rape/Sex-offenders-register)