Scooter clubs turn out to show their support for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts NMA Scooter Club hosted its third annual Easter Egg Run in aid of Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Riders from scooter clubs all over East Anglia gathered at the Barley Mow pub in Huntingdon to donate chocolate eggs for the hospital to add to those collected from local businesses.
More than 200 eggs were delivered on the day.
Cambs Friendly Bikers marshalled the ride out through Abbots Ripton, Monks Wood and Stukeley, then onto Ermine Street and Brampton Road, before ending at the hospital where the eggs were unloaded and delivered to staff.
Peter Lee, a club member, said: “I’d like to especially thank Andy in particular for hosting the event. Thanks to everyone who attended or was involved in any way.”
You may also want to watch:
A raffle held on the day was dubbed “a great success” by organisers, with some £300 raised together with items sold by the scooter club.
A cheque will be delivered to staff at the hospital, with the funds set to be used for the memory box fund.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home