Community group has funds to help people with back-to-school essentials
- Credit: Patrick Kadewere
Help is being offered by the Huntingdonshire Community Group to families who need essential school items for their children.
The group received funding from Huntingdonshire District Council’s Covid-19 Community Chest Fund, to purchase essential school items for families impacted financially by Covid 19.
The group says it is now able to provide local families who are struggling financially due to the pandemic with essential school items.
Huntingdonshire Community Group founder, Cllr Patrick Kadewere said: “We are incredibly grateful to Huntingdonshire District Council for the response they have given to the community and businesses throughout this crisis.
“We have been given tremendous support from the Covid-19 Hub as a recognised organisation and the funding has enabled us to provide vulnerable families with the support they needed throughout this crisis.”
You may also want to watch:
Items that can be assisted with are school uniform items, PE kit items, school bags and essential stationery items.
Families in need of support can contact the group by email: at email@example.com or by phone on: 07935 775016 for an assessment of what support can be provided.
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge