Community group has funds to help people with back-to-school essentials
- Credit: Patrick Kadewere
Help is being offered by the Huntingdonshire Community Group to families who need essential school items for their children.
The group received funding from Huntingdonshire District Council’s Covid-19 Community Chest Fund, to purchase essential school items for families impacted financially by Covid 19.
The group says it is now able to provide local families who are struggling financially due to the pandemic with essential school items.
Huntingdonshire Community Group founder, Cllr Patrick Kadewere said: “We are incredibly grateful to Huntingdonshire District Council for the response they have given to the community and businesses throughout this crisis.
“We have been given tremendous support from the Covid-19 Hub as a recognised organisation and the funding has enabled us to provide vulnerable families with the support they needed throughout this crisis.”
You may also want to watch:
Items that can be assisted with are school uniform items, PE kit items, school bags and essential stationery items.
Families in need of support can contact the group by email: at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on: 07935 775016 for an assessment of what support can be provided.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise