St Ives school completes 613 miles in virtual walk to Cornwall to raise money
- Credit: Westfields Junior School
Students and staff at Westfield Junior School in St Ives have walked collectively 613 miles to St Ives Junior School in Cornwall and back.
A school in St Ives has walked 613 miles collectively in a virtual walk to Cornwall and back to raise money for school resources.
Students and staff at Westfield Junior School in St Ives have walked collectively 613 miles to St Ives Junior School in Cornwall and back and have raised £280 for resources for the school.
The school is keeping a log of how many miles they walk and each class has taken part.
The challenge is being run through the month of October and virtually they have been down to Cornwall and then back up through Somerset, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and then back into Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
They are currently at Riverside Park in St Neots, just 15 miles away from home.
The Head of Westfields Junior School, Lucy Roberts said: “This was an activity to engage and motivate the children whilst at the same time promoting healthy lifestyle and raising vital funds from the school.”
If you would like to donate go to: https://www.justgiving.com/westfieldsch
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson