A towering display from Sawtry star Lauren Steadman as she makes it through another week on Strictly Come Dancing
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman tangoed her way across the famous Tower Ballroom in Blackpool this week, doing well enough to make it through to the next round of Strictly Come Dancing.
The 26-year-old and her dance partner, AJ Pritchard, danced the tango to ‘River’ by Bishop Briggs on Saturday’s show.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of five by Craig Revel Horwood, six by Darcy Bussell, and sevens by Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli.
Lauren scored 25 out of 40 for this week’s routine, which placed her bottom of the leaderboard.
However, she avoided the dance off, which was between Graeme Swann and Kate Silverton, with Kate being voted off the show.
You may also want to watch:
Predictions by bookmakers list the joint favourites to win the show as Joe Sugg and Stacey Dooley, with the odds of 7/4 offered. By way of comparison, Lauren is 18/1 to take the famous Glitter Ball Trophy.
Lauren, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.