A towering display from Sawtry star Lauren Steadman as she makes it through another week on Strictly Come Dancing
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman tangoed her way across the famous Tower Ballroom in Blackpool this week, doing well enough to make it through to the next round of Strictly Come Dancing.
The 26-year-old and her dance partner, AJ Pritchard, danced the tango to ‘River’ by Bishop Briggs on Saturday’s show.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of five by Craig Revel Horwood, six by Darcy Bussell, and sevens by Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli.
Lauren scored 25 out of 40 for this week’s routine, which placed her bottom of the leaderboard.
However, she avoided the dance off, which was between Graeme Swann and Kate Silverton, with Kate being voted off the show.
Predictions by bookmakers list the joint favourites to win the show as Joe Sugg and Stacey Dooley, with the odds of 7/4 offered. By way of comparison, Lauren is 18/1 to take the famous Glitter Ball Trophy.
Lauren, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 10 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.