Sawtry showcases the best of its produce in village show
- Credit: Archant
The 13th annual Sawtry Show took place on Saturday with 100 classes for village residents and organisation members to enter.
Held at Sawtry Village Academy keen cooks, gardeners and crafters were scored by judges from the show’s committee.
Before the event chairman Barry Dupee said: “Every year the show has grown. It is difficult to believe that it was not so long ago that it was held in the Old School Hall, and now takes two halls and a corridor in the academy.”
As a part of the judging committee members tasted preserves, wines, biscuits and a traditional 1940s cake, in which all entrants followed the same recipe.
Following judging and being admired by members of the public many of the exhibitors in the produce, cookery and preserves categories donated their items in aid of funds for the show – which helps run the event that has become a staple of the Sawtry calendar.
You may also want to watch:
There was even a chance for youngsters to take part in the event with six categories open right down to under 5s who were given the chance to showcase their potato prints and crowns fit for a queen.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry