Sawtry’s Strictly Come Dancing star makes it through to ‘Halloween week’
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman can look forward to Halloween week after coming through the latest round of Strictly Come Dancing at the weekend.
The 26-year-old danced a contemporary piece to Runnin’ (Lose it All) by Naughty Boy featuring Beyonce and Arrow Benjamin, and did well enough to secure a spot in next week’s show.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of seven by judges Shirley Ballas and guest judge Alfonso Ribeiro, four by Craig Revel Horwood and six by Darcy Bussell.
Lauren and professional partner AJ Pritchard scored 24 out of 40 for this week’s routine placing them joint bottom on the leader board with Sean Walsh.
However, Steadman wasn’t in the dreaded dance off because of the support of the public vote. Couple Vick Hope and Graziano Di Prima exited the show.
You may also want to watch:
Steadman, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday where the celebrities will compete for top place on the leader board.