Sawtry’s Strictly Come Dancing star makes it through to ‘Halloween week’
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman can look forward to Halloween week after coming through the latest round of Strictly Come Dancing at the weekend.
The 26-year-old danced a contemporary piece to Runnin’ (Lose it All) by Naughty Boy featuring Beyonce and Arrow Benjamin, and did well enough to secure a spot in next week’s show.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of seven by judges Shirley Ballas and guest judge Alfonso Ribeiro, four by Craig Revel Horwood and six by Darcy Bussell.
Lauren and professional partner AJ Pritchard scored 24 out of 40 for this week’s routine placing them joint bottom on the leader board with Sean Walsh.
However, Steadman wasn’t in the dreaded dance off because of the support of the public vote. Couple Vick Hope and Graziano Di Prima exited the show.
Steadman, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday where the celebrities will compete for top place on the leader board.