A scarily good performance sees Sawtry’s Strictly Come Dancing star shine in Halloween week.
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman put in a strong showing at the weekend as Strictly Come Dancing hosted a Halloween-themed week.
The 26-year-old danced the paso doble to Posion by Nicole Scherzinger, and did well enough to secure her spot in next week’s show at a canter.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of eight by judges Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli, a seven by Darcy Bussell and a six by Craig Revel Horwood.
Lauren and professional AJ Pritchard scored 29 out of 40 for their routine placing them sixth on the leader board, one of her best performances so far.
This week, controversial comedian Sean Walsh exited the show.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Strictly Come Dancing will returns on Saturday.