A scarily good performance sees Sawtry’s Strictly Come Dancing star shine in Halloween week.
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman put in a strong showing at the weekend as Strictly Come Dancing hosted a Halloween-themed week.
The 26-year-old danced the paso doble to Posion by Nicole Scherzinger, and did well enough to secure her spot in next week’s show at a canter.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of eight by judges Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli, a seven by Darcy Bussell and a six by Craig Revel Horwood.
Lauren and professional AJ Pritchard scored 29 out of 40 for their routine placing them sixth on the leader board, one of her best performances so far.
This week, controversial comedian Sean Walsh exited the show.
Lauren, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
Strictly Come Dancing will returns on Saturday.