A scarily good performance sees Sawtry’s Strictly Come Dancing star shine in Halloween week.
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman put in a strong showing at the weekend as Strictly Come Dancing hosted a Halloween-themed week.
The 26-year-old danced the paso doble to Posion by Nicole Scherzinger, and did well enough to secure her spot in next week’s show at a canter.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of eight by judges Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli, a seven by Darcy Bussell and a six by Craig Revel Horwood.
Lauren and professional AJ Pritchard scored 29 out of 40 for their routine placing them sixth on the leader board, one of her best performances so far.
This week, controversial comedian Sean Walsh exited the show.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
Strictly Come Dancing will returns on Saturday.