Sawtry star steps up to the plate in first Strictly dance
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry star Lauren Steadman took the stage for her first performance in Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday.
The 25-year-old double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion was partnered with professional dancer AJ Pritchard where they danced the waltz to I’m Kissing You by Des’ree.
Lauren scored sixes from all three judges for her efforts.
The athlete was 13th celebrity to sign up for the show, alongside TV personality Katie Piper, cricketer Graeme Swann and ex-Blue singer Lee Ryan.
The star, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
You may also want to watch:
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday for the next dancing challenge.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward