Sawtry man sentenced to nine years in prison for historical sexual offences against children
- Credit: Archant
A man from Sawtry has been sentenced to nine years in prison for a number of sexual offence against children.
Richard Bosworth, 71, of Beaumaris Road, Sawtry, was investigated following reports of historical sexual assault made in February last year (2015).
He pleaded guilty to four counts of indecent assault and two counts of sexual assault against two girls under the age of 13, between 1999 and 2010, at Peterborough Crown Court earlier this month (March 2).
He was sentenced today (March 23) at Peterborough Crown Court to nine years in prison and was made subject of a 10-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO).
DC Clemie Yaxley said: “I want to make it clear that it is never too late to report a sexual assault.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who commits this kind of crime should be apprehended to stop them doing it again, regardless of whether it happened very recently or 20 years ago.”
To make a report about a sexual assault please call 101.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
If you are worried about your own thoughts or behaviour towards children, you should seek confidential advice from ‘Stop It Now’ on 0808 1000 9000.