Group will bring stories to life for schoolchildren in Sawtry
- Credit: Archant
With the start of the Spring school term, members of the Churches Together team, in Sawtry, are back with their Open The Book project.
The group offers primary school children, in the area, an opportunity to hear Bible stories from the Lion Storyteller Bible. Each Bible story is acted out in a 10-minute play and all the costumes and props used in the performance are made by the team members.
Performances take place fortnightly during term time at Sawtry Junior Academy and children are encouraged to join in and take part as much as possible.
The group has performed Jonah the Groaner, which is a take on the story of Jonah and the Whale.
You may also want to watch:
The Churches Together group includes parishioners from St Benedict's Catholic Community Church, Sawtry Methodist Church and All Saints Parish Church.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'