Sat Navs snatched as thieves target vans
- Credit: Archant
Sat Nav systems were targeted by thieves in a series of break-ins in Ramsey and Bury.
Police received reports of five incidents between the two areas over the weekend (December 12-13), with vans, in particular, targeted.
Sergeant Andrew Street, of Cambridgeshire police, said: “On each occasion a side window was smashed and, in three of the five [thefts], Sat Navs were stolen. Most of the vehicles broken into were vans.”
The areas affected were
Wheatfield Drive, The Malting, and Princes Street, in Ramsey, and Grenfell Road, and Woodfield, in Bury.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Street added: “We are currently pursuing enquiries to identify the offenders but if anyone has any information regarding these thefts please contact us on 101 on via Crimestoppers.
“Please ensure that valuables, including SatNavs are not left on show in vehicles overnight.”
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal