Sarah prepares to run first London Marathon for charity
- Credit: Archant
A team of 10 runners will be tackling the London Marathon on April 28 in support of Papworth Trust.
Marathon – after getting his first medal from Prince Harry.
Sarah decided to take the plunge and run her first marathon less than six months after joining the disability charity.
She admitted she was inspired by the work of staff, volunteers, customers and supporters – and will use that inspiration to help her get over the finishing line.
She said: “I have taken part in a number of half-marathons and running the London Marathon was always on the bucket list.
“I’m not a competitive runner, but I run most weeks and I have always believed in leading by example. I can’t wait to take my place in Team Papworth.”
The runners also include Laura Maslanka who is supporting the work of Papworth Trust all the way from Chicago, USA, after she connected with the charity via a family member who told her about their work.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 8 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Elsewhere, Luke Burton ran for Papworth Trust in 2017 and was presented with his finisher’s medal by HRH Prince Harry, now the Duke of Sussex.
Luke also spent some time at Papworth Trust’s Basildon Centre to see first-hand where the money he raised was supported local disabled people.
The rest of the Papworth Trust London Marathon team are Sam Williman, Danny Hawkins, Jack Troutt, Tessa Minns, Caitlin Buchan, Harriet Johnson and Chris Bolt.
To sponsor Sarah, please visit https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Sarah-Miller-LM2019.
Or to read all about Papworth Trust’s 10 runners, and visit their fundraising pages, please visit www.papworthtrust.org.uk.