Rotary Club of St Ives Santa Sleigh programme
- Credit: Archant
Rotarians in St Ives have unveiled their plans for this year’s Santa Sleigh - taking into account precautions designed to make it safe during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Rotary Club of St Ives, which uses the traditional Christmas tour of local communities to raise funds for good causes, said its plans were in place barring any new Covid-19 restrictions.
It said: “Following full Covid-19 safety protocols, the Rotary Club of St Ives plan to run a programme of their Santa Sleigh visits within St Ives and our surrounding villages this Christmas.
“The routes will be shorter this year, the smaller closes and cul-de-sacs will be avoided, and the sleigh will remain on the larger roads. The sleigh crews will be limited to six people and thus we will not be knocking on any doors this year, but donations can still be safely made, both on the night and by text.”
It said: “The sleigh will not be able to stop as in previous years, but will move slowly and thus enable residents to see Santa. The Rotary Club will urge people not to congregate and to observe the social distancing rules in force at the time.”
The club said fuller details would be given on its Facebook page nearer the time.
The programme so far is:
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 10 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
December 3 - St Ives, Waveney Road and Norfolk Road areas
December 4 - Needingworth
December 5 - Waitrose St Ives (all day)
December 5 - St Ives Yes Estate (evening)
December 7 - St Ives Westwood Road area
December 8 - Somersham
December 9 - Bluntisham
December 10 - Fenstanton
December 11 - St Ives Constable Road and Burleigh Road areas
December 14 - St Ives Warren Road area
December 15 - Earith and Colne
December 16 - St Ives Kings Hedges area
December 17 - Hilton
December 18 - St Ives Hill Rise, Pettis Road and Mallards area
December 19 - St Ives Farmers’ Market (all day)
December 19 - St Ives Slepe Meadow (evening)
December 20 - St Ives Morrisons (all day)