Santa chase raises hundreds of pounds for town schools
- Credit: Archant
Members of Godmanchester Running Club have exceeded their target for their annual Santa Chase by raising hundreds of pounds.
The chase, which took place on December 16, raised £432 for the town’s three primary schools.
The target for the chase was set at some £300.
The annual Santa Chase started from the Exhibition pub and saw people run, jog and walk around the main streets of Godmanchester, callng at the town’s four pubs - The Black Bull, The White Hart, The Exhibition and The Royal Oak - with their collecting tins and buckets.
Club member, Jon Finch said: “This year we have decided to raise funds for our three town schools, so keeping our fundraising for worthwhile causes within our local community.”
You may also want to watch:
For more, or to donate, log on to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/santarungmc.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers