Burglar who broke woman’s limbs with crowbar is jailed for 12 years
- Credit: Archant
A man who broke into a property in Farcet and knocked a woman’s teeth out with a crowbar has been jailed.
Sam Vinden, 46, went to the property in Andrew’s Close at about 6.30am on August 29, 2017. He smashed windows, damaged the front door and made demands of the victim.
Once inside, he assaulted the victim with the crowbar, breaking her arm and leg as well as causing facial injuries. He left the scene empty-handed shortly after.
The victim, who is in her 30s, identified Vinden and his blood was found at the scene. When he was arrested the following day he had cuts to his arm.
Initially Vinden, of Straight Drove, Farcet, and a 19-year-old man from Peterborough, pleaded not guilty to aggravated burglary, grievous bodily harm with intent and criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
However, he changed his plea on the eighth day of the trial at Cambridge Crown Court last year. The other man was found not guilty.
Today (Monday) at the same court, Vinden was sentenced to 12 years in prison.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 3 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 10 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
Detective Constable Stuart Miller said: “This was a vicious attack which caused the victim significant injuries as well as a substantial amount of psychological trauma.
“Hopefully today’s court proceedings will bring some comfort to the victim and allow her to move on with the rest of her life.”