Burglar who broke woman’s limbs with crowbar is jailed for 12 years
- Credit: Archant
A man who broke into a property in Farcet and knocked a woman’s teeth out with a crowbar has been jailed.
Sam Vinden, 46, went to the property in Andrew’s Close at about 6.30am on August 29, 2017. He smashed windows, damaged the front door and made demands of the victim.
Once inside, he assaulted the victim with the crowbar, breaking her arm and leg as well as causing facial injuries. He left the scene empty-handed shortly after.
The victim, who is in her 30s, identified Vinden and his blood was found at the scene. When he was arrested the following day he had cuts to his arm.
Initially Vinden, of Straight Drove, Farcet, and a 19-year-old man from Peterborough, pleaded not guilty to aggravated burglary, grievous bodily harm with intent and criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
However, he changed his plea on the eighth day of the trial at Cambridge Crown Court last year. The other man was found not guilty.
Today (Monday) at the same court, Vinden was sentenced to 12 years in prison.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
Detective Constable Stuart Miller said: “This was a vicious attack which caused the victim significant injuries as well as a substantial amount of psychological trauma.
“Hopefully today’s court proceedings will bring some comfort to the victim and allow her to move on with the rest of her life.”