Plea hearing date set for men charged with murder of Sam Mechelewski
- Credit: Archant
Two men who have been charged with the murder of Sam Mechelewski have appeared in court today (Thursday)
Jordan Shepherd, 23, from Mayfly Close, in Chatteris, and Ashley White 20, from West End, in Brampton, were both charged with murder on Tuesday evening and appeared at Cambridge Crown Court today (Thursday).
Shepherd appeared via video link, while White appeared in the defence box at the crown court. The two only spoke to confirm their names.
White wore a grey tracksuit, and had his head in his arms for most of the proceedings. He was represented by Sally Hobson.
Shepherd, who was represented by Mark McDonald, was also wearing a grey hooded top.
A man in his late teens, from Huntingdon, who was also arrested on Monday on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and was released on bail until July 10.
The body of Mr Mechelewski, 20, was found by a member of the public at about 1pm on February 1 in a wooded area of Hinchingbrooke Country Park. A post mortem revealed he died as a result of a stab wound.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 9 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Judge David Farrell QC said: “Shepherd and White, you will be remanded in custody until your next court appearance.”
The pair will be appear at Cambridge Crown Court on July 18 for a plea hearing.