Plea hearing date set for men charged with murder of Sam Mechelewski
- Credit: Archant
Two men who have been charged with the murder of Sam Mechelewski have appeared in court today (Thursday)
Jordan Shepherd, 23, from Mayfly Close, in Chatteris, and Ashley White 20, from West End, in Brampton, were both charged with murder on Tuesday evening and appeared at Cambridge Crown Court today (Thursday).
Shepherd appeared via video link, while White appeared in the defence box at the crown court. The two only spoke to confirm their names.
White wore a grey tracksuit, and had his head in his arms for most of the proceedings. He was represented by Sally Hobson.
Shepherd, who was represented by Mark McDonald, was also wearing a grey hooded top.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his late teens, from Huntingdon, who was also arrested on Monday on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and was released on bail until July 10.
The body of Mr Mechelewski, 20, was found by a member of the public at about 1pm on February 1 in a wooded area of Hinchingbrooke Country Park. A post mortem revealed he died as a result of a stab wound.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Judge David Farrell QC said: “Shepherd and White, you will be remanded in custody until your next court appearance.”
The pair will be appear at Cambridge Crown Court on July 18 for a plea hearing.