Duo charged with murder of Huntingdon man Sam Mechelewski appear in court
- Credit: Archant
The two men charged with the murder of Huntingdon man Sam Mechelewski appeared in court today (Monday).
The trial of Jordan Shepherd, 23, of Mayfly Close, Chatteris, and Ashley White, 20, of West End, Brampton, began at Cambridge Crown Court.
Both men stand accused of murder, having pleaded not guilty at a previous hearing on July 18.
Ciara Ratcliffe, 21, of Sycamore Drive, Huntingdon, also faces trial after she denied a charge of perverting the course of justice at the same hearing. Ratcliffe, wearing a black blazer, appeared in court alongside Shepherd and White.
Legal arguments were discussed before Judge Nicholas Goose and a jury was selected. Further legal discussions will take place tomorrow (Tuesday), before prosecutors will begin their case on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
The body of Mr Mechelewski, 20, from Huntingdon, was found in a wooded area of Hinchingbrooke Country Park in February.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer