Sainsburys in Huntingdon offering free cholesterol checks in September
- Credit: Archant
A FREE cholesterol check is available at Sainsbury’s in Huntingdon this month.
And first to take advantage of the offer was the town’s mayor Councillor Bill Hensley.
Cholesterol is measured in millimoles per litre of blood and Cllr Hensley said a previous test had been 4.9. The Government recommends it should be five or less for a healthy adult.
“My level was 3.9, which is great,” said Cllr Hensley. Tests can be booked from today (Wednesday, September 4) until September 24, take about 10 minutes and are for anyone over 18.
They will measure cholesterol, as well as levels such as blood glucose. Depending on the outcome, staff will offer advice to help people improve their health. The tests are being offered as part of an initiative to promote good health in partnership with Flora Proactive.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To make an appointment, ask in store or call the pharmacy team on 01480 453023.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding